Sunday 18 March 2007

Lazy Sunday...

I love Sundays like today.

Rain is pelting down outside, music is on inside, food is on the go, kids are having fun dressing up / playing, house is in a complete guddle because it's being basically used to the full...

Best of all, those days where the agenda is so slack and slow that you get to tick off the little easy jobs which never seem to happen, the ones which require minimum effort for maximum reward.

The kids have a freak out moment occasionally, but between storms it's lush.

Warm socks, warm food, warm house, top day..

Hope your Sunday is as good as mine.

Ahhh.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, you (almost)make me feel homesick for a wet and cold Scottish Sunday!! Mind you, the 'Abbey' could not be beat on a day like that either!! Log fire, (lots of)alcohol, good food, and circulating company from lunch time to supper time!! Ah, those were some of the good days I remember them well. And you were not much older than Ben either then! Meanwhile, I am feeling the heat, on yet another day of a cloudless sky in late summer here.

Mark Aitken said...

Of course I remember those days! My childhood scare memories circle around the 'green lady'...

I can remember still to this day being utterly scared sh**less when I convinced myself that Laura and I saw her! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about the 'oldest' resident of the hotel. She'll still be walking there, and long after we have all gone 'over' ourselves too, no doubt. I thought first off you were talking about your mum's old Jag - but now when I think about her, 'she' was blue - but we had some 'scary' times driving home in her too - after a night at Butlin's especially!!