Thursday 5 June 2008

Todo Lists for the web

I've been playing around with the Vitalist service. It offers an on-line todo set of pages.

My first impressions were poorer. I wasn't impressed with the garish colours and without really studying it sort of dismissed it out of hand.

However, taking another look at it, they offer:

- Mail / SMS you your reminders
- Integrate with Google calendar / RSS readers
- Simple UI
- i.e. basics for GTD

The only fly in the ointment for me? I can't get the todo list onto my copy of Outlook.

Perhaps it's time to leave the notion of sync everything behind and start down the 3G route with on-line access to my data / integration with SMS etc...

However worth a look if you are into stuff like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mark,

Not sure if you investigated this site : http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

Seems to integrate with a number of other websites.

Cheers
Simon

Mark Aitken said...

Hey Simon.

Forgot to reply to this.

I tried Remember The Milk and it's very very good. So good, I've moved onto there instead.

Very much liked the fact it supports iPhone, MS Mobile, browsers, SMS, twitter, calendar, etc. Everything I was looking for.

Thanks for the link!