Strive for a balance of the following:
- Can code in at least 3 languages
- Knows about OO concepts, or other similar design abstracts
- Knows how to write SQL (the main language for data)
- Knows how to write and manage requirements (suggests a good understanding of English and communication)
- Knows something about how networks work (nobody creates islands anymore)
- Can present their material one on one or to a crowd without belittling them
Covering these general bases makes you stand out from the crowd.