So the survey came back on the house, and none of this I expected...
- £60000+ for wiring, heating, windows, slate and plastering
- £60000+ for rebuilding the bulging gable end wall
- dry rot in existing extension
- damp in 3 rooms
- a few windows which need replaced
- conservatory is rotten, needs pulled
- kitchen is harder to access for construction than I'd thought
Must have been the best £650 I've even spent! Nearly bought a disasterous house!
So we are back to the question of whether we extend the existing property or continue to look.